When taking communion at home, the most important thing to say is ‘thank you’. Before breaking bread, Jesus gave thanks. When he took the cup, he gave thanks again. Say, thank you to God for your life, for the forgiveness of sin.
- 1 What do you say before Communion?
- 2 What do Christians say during communion?
- 3 What to say before taking the Lord’s Supper?
- 4 What should we do before taking Holy Communion?
- 5 What prayer should I say after communion?
- 6 Where in the Bible does it say to take Communion?
- 7 Who can bless the bread and wine?
- 8 How do you pray for communion bread?
- 9 What Bible verses talk about the Lord’s Supper?
- 10 How do you perform Holy Communion?
What do you say before Communion?
When you approach the priest or Extraordinary Minister, he/she will proclaim “the Body of Christ,”. You proclaim your faith, both in word and in a gesture: as you say “Amen.” (meaning I believe it!) you also bow as a way of showing your respect and faith.
What do Christians say during communion?
Eucharist, also called Holy Communion or Lord’s Supper, in Christianity, ritual commemoration of Jesus’ Last Supper with his disciples, at which (according to tradition) he gave them bread with the words, “This is my body,” and wine with the words, “This is my blood.” The story of the institution of the Eucharist by …
What to say before taking the Lord’s Supper?
Jesus said – “ I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. ”
What should we do before taking Holy Communion?
A person who is to receive the Most Holy Eucharist is to abstain for at least one hour before holy communion from any food and drink, except for only water and medicine.
What prayer should I say after communion?
I thank You, O holy Lord, almighty Father, eternal God, who have deigned, not through any merits of mine, but out of the condescension of Your goodness, to satisfy me a sinner, Your unworthy servant, with the precious Body and Blood of Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Where in the Bible does it say to take Communion?
In John 6:53-54, Jesus tells us that unless one eats his body and drink his blood, we have no life. “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.”
Who can bless the bread and wine?
The priest leads the assembled community of believers in asking God to send His Holy Spirit upon the proffered gifts of bread and wine. This is so that the gifts may become the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. To do this, the priest speaks the words of the Eucharistic prayer.
How do you pray for communion bread?
O present Spirit, help us recognize the risen Christ in the breaking of the bread. Feed the world with this bread. Bring it joy with this wine. Give it leaven and salt in us, a community of faith strengthened by your meal.
What Bible verses talk about the Lord’s Supper?
3 reasons we observe the Lord’s Supper (Session 9 – Matthew 26:17-30 ) – Explore the Bible.
How do you perform Holy Communion?
How to Lead Communion in Your Home
- What is communion? Communion is a symbolic way to show we belong to Jesus and to remember what He did for us.
- Prepare. Get your communion elements and plan ready.
- Pause. A big part of communion is remembering and reflecting.
- Talk About Communion With Your Kids.