Most believe that best practice is to place the American flag to the congregations front left (congregations perspective), and the Christian flag to the congregations front right (congregations perspective). Both flags should be relatively the same size and placed on the far outside of the congregation.
- 1 What side does the American flag go on in a church?
- 2 How do you display the American flag with other flags?
- 3 Do you fly the Christian flag above the US flag?
- 4 Why is the American flag above the Christian flag?
- 5 What side is the flag supposed to be on?
- 6 What side of the speaker does the flag go on?
- 7 Should the American flag be on the left or right?
- 8 Does the American flag go on the left or right arm?
- 9 How do you display an outdoor flag?
- 10 Is there a Baptist flag?
What side does the American flag go on in a church?
When displayed from a staff in a church or public auditorium, the flag of the United States of America, should hold the position of superior prominence, in advance of the audience, and in the position of honor at the clergyman’s or speaker’s right as he faces the audience.
How do you display the American flag with other flags?
The American Flag should be hoisted first and lowered last, when flown with other flags on adjacent staffs. When the American Flag is displayed against a wall with another flag, it should be on the (flag’s own) right with its staff in front of the other flag.
Do you fly the Christian flag above the US flag?
The Christian flag may fly above the US flag only “during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy” (Flag Code, Section 7c).
Why is the American flag above the Christian flag?
After all, God is the One in control. However, Christians know that we are to follow the rules of those appointed to authority (Romans 13 and several other passages in scripture). Those rules state that no other flag is placed to the right or above the American flag (US Flag Code).
What side is the flag supposed to be on?
1. When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag’s own right, that is, to the observer’s left. When displayed in a window, the American flag should be displayed in the same way, with the union or blue field to the left of the observer in the street.
What side of the speaker does the flag go on?
When used on a speaker’s platform, the U.S. flag, if displayed flat, should be displayed above and behind the speaker. When displayed from a staff in a church or public auditorium, the flag should hold the position of honor at the speaker’s right as he faces the audience.
Should the American flag be on the left or right?
When flags are flown in a row, the American flag should always be on the observer’s far left. When displayed during a parade with other flags, the American flag should always be to the observer’s left. The flag carrier should hold the flag to his or her right side.
Does the American flag go on the left or right arm?
The flag can be worn on the right or left shoulder, depending on the uniform. Military regulation requires that the flag’s stars always be on the forward-facing side Non-service members can wear their patches on either shoulder as well, but the stars can face the back of the shoulder or put on the right side.”
How do you display an outdoor flag?
Hang flag vertically with the canton farthest from the building. The union, or star field, should always be at the top and should be on the flag’s own right (the viewer’s left). When being hung over a street, the union should ideally point north or east.
Is there a Baptist flag?
Baptist Church Flag “The Baptist Flag originated in the heart and mind of Dr. D.L. Green, pastor of the Parker Memorial Baptist Church in Lansing, Michigan.